Free blog design by Louise Franks {Blog} Designs. Digiscrapping elements by Louise Franks{Digiscrapping} Designs.»

Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Cloth Diapering 101 : An Introduction

When I first found out I was pregnant with my son my husband (yes, my husband!) told me that HE wanted to use cloth diapers. I was actually a little hesitant on it. I loved the whole green aspect of it but was worried about the maintenance of them. How long do they take to clean? Do you put them in the dryer? How do you get the poo off them?!? I was full of questions. Then we found a local diaper service that would deliver pre-fold diapers to your home and would pick them up once a week. No washing required so I said "Alright, let's cloth!"

Unfortunately pre-folds didn't work for us. I was about to give up on cloth diapering when I decided that I would take the leap and wash them myself. There are sooo many different kinds of diapers (I'll go over some of the types next blog post) that my head was spinning. I knew I wanted to keep cloth diapering but didn't know where to begin. I decided to go to a local baby boutique that sold tons of different diapers. The associate there was VERY helpful and helped me pick a few different diapers. I ended up getting the BumGenius Freetime (my faaaavorite diapers!) and some Thirsties AIOs (didn't work for us).

Took them home and was amazed at how easy the maintenance of them really is! I was hooked! Now I'm a diaper addict and proud of it. =)

If you're thinking about becoming a cloth diaper mama I highly suggest it! You're going to love it. Just remember that every baby is different. Every diaper is different. It might take a few different diapers to figure out what works for you and your little one but once you do, you'll become addicted like me!

- Kristin

NAME DROPS:
Dirty Deeds Diaper Service - The diaper service we started with. Ran out of Rochester, Michigan. LOVE these guys! GREAT service! If pre-folds work for you I HIGHLY recommend them!

Modern Natural Baby - Great baby boutique in Ferndale, Michigan. Not only do they have a great selection of diapers but also a great selection of clothes, toys, and accessories. Definitely worth a stop by if you're in the area.

3 comments:

  1. I am going today with a friend to learn more about cloth diapers! Disposables are so expensive, I would love to only have one babe is disposables and have our girl (due in March) in cloth to cut down on the expense! Glad to hear you've had a great experience with them, hopefully we will too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! It's truly awesome! Especially when you get into the fun prints. =) If you have any questions feel free to ask.

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I can't seem to find your email address so just send me an email at gia@lovelyserendipity.com to claim your free small ad :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete